12.11.2010

Moog


December 4, 2010
One of Barcelona’s main attractions, especially among the youth, is their unmatchable and outrageous nightlife. I am fortunate enough to have met a friend of a friend who is from Barcelona and just a year or two older than me and has shown me some of Barcelona’s best- kept secrets. The other night my friends and I were searching for something new and authentic to do at night beside the same old clubs on the beach, so I called my friend Albert. He took us to a dance club off La Rambla called “Moog” and it was one of the greatest nights of my life! As we turned right off of La Rambla, we headed into a little alleyway where the people started looking less touristy and more local. We heard the music bumping from outside and couldn’t wait to be dancing inside. The whole vibe of Moog was so different from anything I have seen before and I tried to take it all in. With the techno beats and house music downstairs, dance floor packing and strobe lights all over, it is by far one of my most favorite clubs in Barcelona and all of Europe. There is another level of dancing upstairs but it is smaller and the music is more pop, but still very cool.
The thing I liked most about Moog was the scene and type of people it drew in. The people, hairstyles and style altogether were so different especially from all of the trendy American clubs. It was a very casual dress place, which I also really liked and everyone was very friendly and loved to dance! They had some good drink specials going on which we definitely took advantage of. I am so glad I got to experience this type of club and with such local people as it really broadened my horizon on the whole Barcelona club scene. This is definitely one of the best cultural and real experiences I have had in Barcelona and Europe so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment